• Mon - Fri / 08:00 - 17:30 |
  • 01903 20 50 30
  1. Gap Insurance

Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Insurance

for the complete length of your Lease Agreement

What if?

Your car is declared a write-off due to an accident, fire or theft?

Now imagine discovering that your insurance company pay-out will not match the outstanding finance amount (i.e. the settlement figure). Insurance typically pays the vehicle's actual cash value rather than the amount remaining on your loan or lease, which could leave a financial "gap" of thousands of pounds.

This is a scenario faced by many motorists today. Even if you are not liable, you are almost certain to find a shortfall between the amount you receive from your motor insurance provider and the outstanding finance. And this shortfall could be a significant sum depending on the rate of depreciation of the vehicle.

Who will protect you against this financial loss?

For peace of mind and for the protection of your vehicle needs, consider the cover GAP can offer.

Significant benefits

How much does it cost?

This cover is for vehicles up to a Maximum Value of £60,000. The maximum claims limit is the purchase price of the vehicle.

GAP Insurance will also contribute up to £250 of your Motor Insurance Excess.

The one-off cost of your GAP Insurance Policy would be £198.00, offering you cover for the whole of the lease period.

Name of Insurer

The insurer is AmTrust Europe Limited registered office 10th Floor, Market Square House, St James’s Street, Nottingham NG1 6FG. AmTrust Europe Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You can check this information on the FCA register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register, or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.

What to do in the event of a claim

All claims should be notified within 30 days of the total loss to the claims office at AutoProtect (MBI) Ltd, Warwick House, Roydon Road, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5DY. The Claim notification telephone number is 0871 384 1168. You should notify AutoProtect prior to accepting any settlement from your motor insurer.